Swedwatch is seeking a development coordinator/fundraiser
Swedwatch is seeking to strengthen its team with a development coordinator/fundraiser – an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing team!
Swedwatch is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that envisions a world in which global economic systems are just, transparent and sustainable. Human rights and the environment are protected and respected and businesses contribute to sustainable development and inclusive growth within the means of the planet.
Swedwatch is now seeking to strengthen its team with a development coordinator/fundraiser. The development coordinator role is a new one at Swedwatch, which provides an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing team and in forming the role as well as Swedwatch’s development efforts. You will work together with and report to Swedwatch’s Director.
- Responsible for all Swedwatch fundraising efforts within existing projects and with projected growth. This will include fundraising design, planning, and implementation;
- Coordinate efforts across the organisation and lead fundraising activities including from governments, trusts and foundations;
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective funders with a special focus on major donors and new revenue procurement.
- Proactively map and seek opportunities to increase Swedwatch’s profile and income in fundraising and awareness-raising efforts.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Experienced fundraiser with extensive and demonstrable experience and success (5 years minimum). This should include expertise and a strong network that will help Swedwatch to identify, secure and grow its income.
- Entrepreneurial, detail oriented, opportunities-focused, agile and well organised.
- You share Swedwatch’s vision of a world in which global economic systems are just, transparent and sustainable. Human rights and the environment are protected and respected and businesses contribute to sustainable development and inclusive growth within the means of the planet.
- Ability to be strategic lead on fundraising efforts, manage applications and reporting requirements effectively, professionally and in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ablility to inspire and coordinate colleagues, contribute to Swedwatch’s positive and collaborative work and ensure high-qualitative work under periods of pressure.
- Outstanding English and Swedish oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Demonstrated experience of working strategically to further outcome goals
- Experience of working on EU-funded projects
The position is based at the Swedwatch secretariat in Stockholm, Sweden. It is a full-time position with a 37,5 hours per work week. The position is permanent and Swedwatch utilises a six-month trial period. Employees are included by the collective bargaining agreement between IDEA and Unionen. International and domestic travel is required.
- Interesting and important work
- A positive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for a healthy work/life balance
- Varied tasks
- Work in a global context
- Opportunities for competence development.
Application and contact details:
Please send your application to email@example.com no later than June 21, 2019. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, CV, and a writing sample using the subject line “[Name] –Development Coordinator Swedwatch”.
Swedwatch applies individual salaries. Applicants should therefore also include salary requirements in the application. Please note that candidate selection and interviews will be carried out on an ongoing basis and that the position may be filled before the final deadline for applications. The start date is as soon as possible, as agreed by the parties. For further enquiries, please contact Julia Hale on +46(0)8 52 52 0372 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.